Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Hooray for Company (part 2)!

Well, after Silver Falls, we visited the Oregon Garden, which was just a bit north and to the west of the falls. All in all, it was interesting, but not necessarily worth the $10 to get in. It seems the garden is more of a spot to hold weddings and other events such as concerts than just wander around. It's also where I got a nasty neck sunburn, so I wasn't particularly thrilled with the place. We made it back with a couple of hours to spare before the Friday show, which worked out perfectly.

Friday's live show was actually a lot of fun, what with having a real audience and all. Rosa and Megg had props arranged for the "Charlie Medley" that Frogg and I do. Rosa had brought some stuffed unicorns and made a little map to Candy Mountain that got Frogg to chuckle a bit during the song when he saw it... :D

Saturday we went out to see Nancy's place and visit her garden there, and then went on to Eugene's Saturday Market. A nice market experience, with crafts and such, but we were all pretty tired from the previous day's excursion so we went home afterwards and just vegged until the two Saturday shows (5pm and 7pm). Pretty exhausted still, but we had a big day on Sunday!

Sunday, we drove out to Bend (about a 3 hour drive) to visit our good friend Maken! We grabbed some tuna sammiches, some of my pasta salad, and pumkin bars that I had made and ate on some blankets out at a park Maken knew of. Played a little Frisbee too, until it got away from us and went in the river. Maken was nice enough to fish it out though, lol, I think because he was the one who threw it in in the first place (although I can't remember).

On the way home, we stopped at the Lava River Cave, which was pretty cool, as it is a cave you can trek through without any special gear (except a coat, as it is 40F year round in the cave). After that, we discovered another falls, Salt Creek Falls, and got a few pictures there too. Didn't make it home until dinner time, and we were all exhausted again. Fortunately, no shows, but we had plans to see Jonny Flash at a local burlesque show, except that he wasn't able to make it. So, we just stayed home and watched a movie. Good end to a busy day, anyway. :)

Monday morning, I ran some errands, then we rested until Patrick arrived around 2PM. Had a really nice time getting to know him, and eventually went out to dinner at The Glenwood, a local restaurant, which was really good! After dinner, we even had some time to play some music together (Patrick is also a Secondlife and real life musician). That was also a lot of fun! Then, Rosa left with Patrick for the night, as they were due to drive back to Seattle very early in the morning.

Well, that's the majority of the trip so far! Megg is still here for a week or so, and last night she made the most excellent shrimp curry (mmmm), a little spicy but I could have taken it hotter too. :D

That's my experiences so far, I'll keep you updated on what else happens! I'm back at work now (sigh) but that's okay, I do enjoy my routines too ^^


At 7/11/2007 1:46 PM, Blogger Gog said...

Sounds like you have been having fun :)

At 7/11/2007 6:36 PM, Blogger Dolmere said...

Sounds like a blast - really wish I had made that Friday gig!

At 7/12/2007 10:26 AM, Anonymous Semaj said...

Hey, Jay! Looks like you guys had some good times. One of these days, I really need to get back to the left coast. But that's not why I'm commenting. I just wanted to tell you that hawtness has never been so hawt until you made that gookie face in the picture. Some people are just born with the gift of hawtness, I guess. Anyway, enjoyed the pics and the stories.


Post a Comment

<< Home