www.flickr.com

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hooray for Company (part 1)!

Well, yesterday evening Rosa left for Seattle to visit another friend, so the house is a bit more empty now... What a great visit, though! Most of the good pictures are up top there in my Flickr filmstrip, but I'll recap it here (this could be long, but it'll be in two parts!):

Back on July 3rd, Rosa's plane was due to arrive in Portland at about 11AM. As it's a two hour drive to Portland from here, I planned to get an early start and park myself somewhere in the terminal, biding my time by using my laptop with the airport's free wifi. I got the message right before I left that her flight was two hours delayed, so I ended up waiting a bit before actually leaving. Really boring two hour drive to the airport. Then, after my wait, it was 1PM and I started checking out the people as they arrived from past the security gates. Sure enough, there she was! She's always told me that she is short, and I've known some short people before (onces who come up to my chin) and so I expected something similar. However, I don't think she is short at all :P but I let her know and then it kind of became a running joke during the visit, hehe.

I had thoughtfully purchased some sammiches and chips in a cooler I brought along, so lunch was had while we were driving back here to Eugene. We had a really nice time chatting and such, and right before home she noticed the Coburg hills, mistaking them for mountains. I guess in Michigan it's really flat! I would find that so bizarre; around here there are always some type of hill or mountain on the horizon and it never just ends in a straight line.

We made it back home, and then went out for a little sightseeing around the town, and some shopping for breakfast stuff and dinners. Then Rosa met Frogg, and that night we watched a movie and ate hot dogs :D

The next day, the 4th, we went shopping for ingredients to make a pasta salad to take to my dad's for the holiday, and I ended up making cookies also! Then it was off to my Dad's, where we met my sister, my father, and Nancy and her husband Kenneth. We had a good dinner and lots of nice conversation, then got to see little bits of fireworks from all over town... There was always something going off somewhere out there in town, it seemed.

The 5th, we drove back into town to see the Owen Rose Garden, then were back in time to let Frogg take the car over to pick up Megg from the airport. Megg was flying in from London, and was only a little delayed. She was pretty tired after the trip, and didn't get to meet Rosa (who was taking a nap right when Megg got there) until the next morning!

On the 6th, we drove up to the Silver Falls park to walk around and see the falls. Rosa and Megg were extremely impressed, especially since you get to walk behind the waterfalls on a trail. Very stunning place. I got lots of good pictures and a little video as well!

More to come next post!

2 Comments:

At 7/10/2007 10:53 PM, Blogger Mel Cheeky said...

Hiya Jay! It looks like you all had an amazing time! I'm so glad that you finally got to meet Rosa!! :)

 
At 7/11/2007 11:36 AM, Blogger Jaycatt said...

Yes! It was a blast :) We really had a good time, seeing all the Oregon sights :) Good to hear from you Mel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home