www.flickr.com

Thursday, December 14, 2006

It must be Thursday...

I could never get the hang of Thursdays! Luckily that also means I'm hosting the Hitchhiker's Guide radio series again tonight at 8pm :) Starting tonight, we begin the latest episodes, recorded in 2004 and 2005, many years after the original Primary and Secondary phases, recorded back in 1978-1980.

A little story behind the episodes tonight. When they were aired on BBC 4 in 2004, I got to hear them about 10am my time, live from the Tuesday evenings in the UK. I "taped" them off the radio, with a little program that captures Realmedia streams. The quality wasn't stellar, but it did the trick and I would listen to them that night on my commute home from Tuesday's work. Well, today was fast approaching, and I couldn't find my recordings anywhere. So, about a week ago, I went on to Amazon, and bought the net two Phases: Tertiary and Quandary. They arrived earlier this week, like on Tuesday. "Oh great," I thought, "now I just gotta find time to rip them to the hard drive so I can air them on Thursday. But oh... oh wait... Hmm, the fifth Phase, the Quintissential one, was not for sale in the USA yet (having just been released in the UK)." So, I decided to also look for a bit torrent version of it, in case it doesn't get released in time for my airing. As luck would have it, I found a torrent that contained all five Phases, in excellent quality! So, saves me the trouble of ripping for tonight's show, and I'm ahead of the game for when the fifth Phase comes around. I plan to buy that one too (they're excellent for the car), but for now I'm back in business!

Hope to see you all at the show.

PS: Some folks in Europe and on the east coast can't make the 8PM show on a Thursday night, so I may start the whole series over, in tandem, at some point at an earlier time, on a weekend day. Say, 1PM or something? Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated!

5 Comments:

At 12/14/2006 12:39 PM, Blogger Maus said...

Where is it going to be , Jay? :)

 
At 12/14/2006 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Weekends would be terrific! Hope tonight goes well too!

 
At 12/15/2006 1:30 PM, Blogger Jaycatt said...

Maus: I hold it in Embu at the "Heart of Gold" build some friends and I created. Sorry I missed your post until now!

 
At 12/15/2006 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Show at the Shelter last night. Chaos and I came dressed in our matching Armadillo Tinies and danced throughout the performance.

BTW - I have a blog covering the art scene if you are interested. http://dixiestarr.blogspot.com/

 
At 12/15/2006 7:28 PM, Blogger Maus said...

No probs, I'll be there next Thurs :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home