www.flickr.com

Thursday, November 30, 2006

A success!


Last night's NBC Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony virtual edition ended up going really well! At first, Linden Labs was still doing upgrades to the systems, and no one could get in to the sims. I managed to sneak in somehow, and went to NBC 11 to wait for the others, as that was where we were playing. Then Satchmo Prototype showed up, followed by Philip Linden. I'm happy to say I got to ice skate around a replica of the Rockefeller ice rink with Philip while waiting for the others to arrive.

I made up a little stage area, and set out the instruments... We finally got started about a half hour late, and ended up just playing fewer solo tunes but still fitting in the duets. The event took up 18 sims, at least, and from what I heard most of them were full with people at the borders trying to get in! The number of listeners kept climbing, from 300 to 400 to 500... Then near the end we hit a 650, and afterwards I heard we had peaked at about 1,000! That's just incredible :D I was also told that "NBC was pleased" with the results. I can't believe it... I had a hand in pleasing NBC! lol

It wasn't mentioned on the TV show at all that I could see, but what an honor to get to play for it!

4 Comments:

At 12/01/2006 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! we were helping!

(ribbit)

 
At 12/01/2006 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture. Sad that I missed the event. I had no idea you were playing the thing - which would have been the only reason for me to attend :(
Have fun out there.
-Dolmere

 
At 12/03/2006 4:51 AM, Blogger Maus said...

Hey, Jaycatt, this is Kain Scalia, you've seen me around. I'm the opera singer who asked for an interview for S.L.A.T.Enight ^_^ How's it going?

 
At 12/07/2006 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Job, sounds like a real success. Look forward to seeing you in the next NBC "Virtual" Reality Show. Survivor - Second Life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home