www.flickr.com

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Greetings from day 3 of the con!

Hiya folks! I've been having a great time at the convention... :) The picture to the left is of a couple of great fursuiters out doing photo opportunities in lieu of the fursuit parade that was supposed to be taking place. It was just too hot in the sun, and too many pedestrians wandering around the mall for the actual parade to take place. I got a lot of cool pictures though! And, of course, now I want a suit of my own, or at least a tail. Maybe start with the tail, then move to feets! :D

Yesterday was fun! My favorite part of the day was the avatar creation panel held where I'm sitting right now, in the "Luskwood Internet Lounge". Liam basically taught the session, with interjections from the rest of the Luskwood crew. We were taught how furry head attachments are made from prims, and how to texture round objects in photoshop so that they look correct on round objects (which can be tricky). I really enjoyed the session, and didn't realize how easy it can be to turn something two dimensional, especially things drawn as polygons as a lot of artists do, into a 3D object! Liam is also an excellent teacher, and I sure wish they all had time to put together a 2-day seminar on the subject, because I'd attend in a heartbeat. How fun!

The second part of the day I really enjoyed was the cooking demo. A furry chef prepared a miso dressing coleslaw, california roll sushi, and a vegetarian sushi right in front of us, and then also prepared a strawberry sauce with saki over vanilla ice cream for dessert. I was pretty hungry watching, as I'd only had a pancake that day. It all ended about 8PM, so I went searching for food, wasn't feeling well, and crashed early that night after a subway sandwich I got nearby :D

The other big news is that I'm leaving soon to visits a really talented good friend of mine named Kain (blog on the right) up north of here! A friend of his is going to pick me up and bring me over at about 1PM today (it's 11AM now), and then I can leave directly from there on a shuttle to the airport! I was really looking forward to meeting Kain, I've known him for quite a few months now and really would love to visit. :) Originally, his friend had to work, and was going to come get me afterwards, at 10PM tonight. That felt like it could be a little rushed (as I normally go to bed around that time lol), so I'm really happy to get to spend more time with them.

I have to say though, my favorite part of the trip so far has been getting to meet Gog and the Luskwood crew again. Just a great bunch of people, and I've known Gog almost two years now. he's one of my very best friends online, I am extremely glad to get to meet him finally :D

I'll write more later when I can!

2 Comments:

At 6/04/2007 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wouldn't happen to know where I can find pictures from the con, would you? I was there with my brother, Ryu Raccoon. (I was the funky cat with the lab coat).

Glad you had a great time!
L8r!

 
At 6/05/2007 11:11 AM, Blogger Jaycatt said...

Oh hey! I remember you! Well, I haven't found any yet, but normally they tend to appear on Flickr. Here's my collection I took that day:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaycatt/sets/72157600315323784/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home