www.flickr.com

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Great show last night!

Hey there blog readers :D Well, I got to play a solo show last night for an hour, and it went extremely well... Didn't even have to play all my material! I got a "new" song now, though, courtesy of a suggestion by Shady Fox. At the beginning of the show I was just noodling around, and Shady suggested I play Chopsticks. I Catt-ized it (my new word for the day!) and so now I have a version of Chopsticks, which I am now calling the Shady song, hehe. It's still a bit rough, and will get more complex the more I play it, but for now, you can have a listen here!

I thought I did really well, though, and it was fun to play solo. I don't like to do it very often, maybe just once a month, but it's kind of fun. Today, Frogg has a solo show of his own too! I think it's good we keep in practice that way too, but I much prefer playing duets... It just sounds richer with multiple instruments, and it feels like we're painting a picture together. Normally I'm quite pleased with the result, but unlike a picture, it fades from your memory until you can only recall if it was good or bad. Luckily, we record most all our shows, so I can always have another listen. But it's just not the same as when you're playing it, knowing if you add a dab of bass there, or a touch of treble there, you can bring warmth and dimension to a piece of music. Wow, got waxing kind of poetic there for a moment! :D

Hope you all are having a great day, and hope you like the little Chopsticks version!

=^.^=

1 Comments:

At 4/17/2007 12:06 PM, Blogger Maus said...

I'm baaaack ;) *nuzzle*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home