www.flickr.com

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Update time

Okay, time to do an update... I've been putting it off long enough because not much has been happening really.

I've been getting more and more excited about the upcoming Rocky Mountain FurCon in Denver at the end of the month, for a few reasons. 1) It looks like Gog might be there after all (yay!), 2) Not only are the Luskwood crew going to be there but they are holding a panel on how to create avatars (sounds fascinating), 3) people who signed up for a certain registration fee (like I did) get a free custom avatar (possibly some type of feline!) that is only available to con-goers, and 4) I am able to bring my hard sided 61-key keyboard case, so I'll have a piano there to play around with and get to play!

In other news, near the end of June I am planning a trip to California where I will meet up with another good friend I have met online, Hunterkitty! He really likes having company over, and we both thought it might be fun if I came to visit. That should be fun, I haven't been in the Los Angeles area since 1990 or so. It's just for a weekend too, so I don't have to worry about taking more time off work (except maybe a little on Friday).

Then, in July, Rosa comes to visit, hooray! I've been getting more diligent in determining what we might do. I discovered there's a great garden called the Oregon Garden, up near Silver Falls State Park (where I had planned to take her at some point during the visit). All in all, here's what I know I have planned, other than cooking, movies, and Frogg n' Jay concerts: Trip to Silver Falls/OR Garden, trip to the OR coast, trip to Bend to see Maken and other activities around that area, and in town: the Saturday Market, and a short hike in the woods. Should be a ton of fun! And of course, if the weather sucks alternate plans will be made. :D

The plans for our group at the SecondLife convention still haven't been determined, unfortunately. We're getting closer by the day and still have not practiced. Oh well, at least we have a group name picked out, I guess that's something? I really wish people were more interested in determining our song list like I am, but everyone's just too busy I guess. I'm more jazzed about going to meet all the folks I recognize online, but I do wish things were more final in terms of what we're actually playing for an hour there.

As part of figuring out where to hike in the woods, I've started taking part of Sundays to go hiking with some friends. Joel and I will most always go, and I'm hoping Frogg will want to tag along too. Both of us really could use the exercise, hehe...

Anyway, that's about it for me for now. Sorry for the delay in posts, and I'll try to get back into the swing of things!

1 Comments:

At 5/17/2007 3:37 PM, Blogger Rosa Rambles said...

Hooray! Sounds like you have lots of fun in store for you! I am soooo excited to come visit! I know no matter what we do it will be fantastic! I hope your convention at the end of the month Kitty is a blast for you! *many hugs* ~ Rosa @->-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home