www.flickr.com

Monday, February 26, 2007

Shows at the Amphibicatt Gardens

My good friend Gog has been lining up shows at Luskwood, and it got me thinking about my drive to give back to the SL community. I had decided that the best way to do this is to tip musicians (and any other place that accepts tips that I love to patronize), since I don't buy a whole lot of stuff. However, I rarely have time to attend shows much, so I thought, why not pay musicians to play at the Amphibicatt?

Since Frogg and I are taking March off, essentially, that leaves a lot of time for setting up some gigs! I have made plans to attend all the shows I can at Luskwood, so none of the shows I set up will get in the way, and Rosa Gardner has been a BIG help contacting various performers to find out if they will play. I'm not out to make Amphibicatt any kind of regular venue (unless people want that), but it feels really good to be able to help out others. That's something I like to do anyway, and had just never thought of it in terms of hiring performers!

Anyway, look for a schedule of events soon, once it all gets lined up!

4 Comments:

At 2/26/2007 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lost here...I read your musical likes. Have you heard any Davinci's Notebook? What about Paul & Storm ( http://www.paulandstorm.com/ )? Clever lyrics and good musicianship as well. I got your url from Groupboard. How long has it been? Seems like years. Wait, it has been. Glad to see you're doing well. I'll check back in a few days.

 
At 2/27/2007 10:55 AM, Blogger Jaycatt said...

Hi Lost! Yep, I love Davinci's Notebook... Haven't Paul B. Storm yet though, thanks for the link! Actually I'm even getting a large box collection of BOCA (best of college acappella) soon, which I can't wait for. It's so hard to find a cappella around!

It's been a long time, yeah, very good to hear from ya! Hope to talk to you later!

 
At 2/27/2007 10:57 AM, Blogger Jaycatt said...

Or wait, is Paul & Storm, did they do Opening Band? God, I love that song!

 
At 2/27/2007 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are two of the members of Davinci's Notebook (now on hiatus). I bet you are familiar with the King's Singers & Chanticleer (sp) too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home