www.flickr.com

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy upcoming new year!

Hey ya folks! I hope you all are ready for the new year! I think I am, as much as I can be... For me, it's just a date that I get off work, as I try not to give it any real importance in terms of resolutions and stuff. New Year's Eve, Hunter and I will be going to see Casablanca on the big screen at the local theater. Should be a blast: I love to see old movies on the big screen, and Hunter's never seen it before. Well, like everyone, he knows the plot and a majority of the famous lines, but seeing the movie is a different thing. I think it's pretty timeless, myself. I was having this discussion with him last night. I believe a lot of older movies are considered classics not because of the story they told, but because of the technical aspects of it and the actors used. A lot of older films have been remade, with the remake being better than the original. However, Casablanca I feel differently about. This is a movie that is best exactly as it was filmed. A remake of Casablanca would never be as good as the original. I dunno, I guess it's just timeless to me. The first time I watched it, I never got bogged down in "Oh, this is an old movie, that's why *blank* isn't as good as it could be", etc. And that's my rant on old movies, hehe...

Afterwards, we plan to watch one of the New Years countdowns together with a bottle of Asti. I discovered I liked Asti on our last vacation together. This will be a fun New Years, because Hunter's first visit to Eugene was over New Years, so this will be our second one together. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home