www.flickr.com

Thursday, December 04, 2008

End of an Era

Well, today we took down the old Hawthouse... Remember earlier in my blog, when it went up? Gosh, that was almost exactly two years ago. Times have changed since then, that's for sure! Back then, I had a lot more time to spend online and in SL. Also, I had a lot more money back then. :D

Lately though, most people I know (including myself) just haven't been in SL too much. I'm still spending $125 a month for SecondLife, and that seems excessive to me when I'm pinching pennies everywhere else in life. So, this is all part of consolidating and getting down to the next tier level: $75 a month.

We're keeping the Coastal house, and the land surrounding it, which now includes my yurt, Rosa/Patrick's skybox and studio, and will eventually include Sporked/Chatty's skybox too. My sister's skyclub has been up there for a while.

Kind of sad, taking down the old place... Lots of wonderful memories there. I collected the old Time Capsule, and will be placing it back under the Coastal place. The Coastal place will be the new Hawthouse, as it's smaller and takes up less prims.

Thanks to all my friends involved in the Hawthouse over the last couple of years; you're wonderful, each and every one of you :) I hope you'll stop by the new place (still in Lingmell, but in the opposite corner) and visit from time to time, as everyone is welcome!

Don't forget, there's a 5th year rez-day party going on for Rosa there from 5-8PM on Sunday the 14th!

2 Comments:

At 12/15/2008 3:49 PM, Blogger Niko Donburi said...

I, too, have noticed that there has recently been a large number of people "taking a break" from SL. Or maybe it's just the people I know... Hmm, maybe that means it's really ME that is scaring them off?!

niko

 
At 12/20/2008 5:11 AM, Blogger Rosa Rambles said...

Kitty, taking down the Hawthouse was indeed difficult, as you said so many memories shared of great times!! However, its not an end of a era for the new Hawthouse will continue on the memories of our many great times! The rezday party was an awesome start for that, the music, the many people made continuing magic for "hawthouse":))

LOL @ Niko's comment! I doubt thats the case.. look at all the folks that came even when you played with the flu!!

Hugs Kitty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home