www.flickr.com

Monday, November 10, 2008

A little update

Just life as usual the last week or so... It's been really nice having Hunter back; I've been feeling pretty complete lately. Now that he's back, I feel like I caught a crag on a rock face I was sliding down, and managed to start my way back upwards.

While I was out at the "celebration of life" for Nancy out in Creswell, I had tried to copy off her pictures, videos, and emails, as a memento of her. Unfortunately, the PC simply wouldn't boot after a restart. Not understanding why, I gave up at that point and visited with the other folks there for the memorial. A couple of days ago on Saturday I picked up the PC and brought it home to try and fix it. Wouldn't you know, the minute I turned it on, the power supply sputtered and popped and I shut it down fast. Tonight I'll buy a new power supply and see if I can't get it all working again. I have an ulterior motive for obtaining the pictures: One of the last projects Nancy and I talked about doing together was uploading pictures into an electronic picture frame her brother bought for their mother last Christmas. We've really been slacking on getting it done, so I want to have it completed for this Christmas, because I know it would have meant a lot to her.

Thinking about Nancy still isn't easy, especially when I read back through my blog or come across things related to her at work (which is more than half the stuff here), but day to day thoughts are not as bad. Just really miss her, is all... :)

As for upcoming plans, Hunter and I enjoyed our time so much at the yurt that we've even made another reservation for later in December. At $90 for two nights, it's a hard getaway to pass up, and we're splitting the bill and scrimping on food and other purchases until then in order to cover it.

1 Comments:

At 11/11/2008 3:27 PM, Blogger Amy Goulet said...

you know...if you buy 2 ply toilet tissue, you can spilt the ply and only use half as much! or heck! you're guys...go use the nearest gas station once a day and NEVER buy toilet paper again! There. I just saved you maybe $8 a month :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home